Enforcement of Orders

Domestic Violence
December 13, 2019
Legal Separation
December 13, 2019

Enforcement of Orders

Divorce Agreements

Now that your divorce is settled, you trust that your ex-spouse will comply with all divorce orders outlined in your final divorce decree. Failure to adhere to these orders can have serious consequences. If you are a spouse that is looking to enforce an order, or if you are in breach of a court order, it is important that you work with an experienced attorney to resolve this legal problem.

Sparks Integrative Family Law routinely represents clients who want to enforce a court order. We also defend clients who are accused of failing to follow a court order. If you are seeking to enforce an order from your divorce, or are having trouble accomplishing tasks required of you by a court order, contact us today to learn the options that you have and how we can help.

Child Support

Enforcement of a child support order can be a difficult and frustrating task. Sparks Integrative Family Law works with clients every day to ensure that they receive the support they need for their children. There are several different legal remedies available to a parent who is having trouble collecting court-ordered child support payments:

  • When child support is a court-ordered obligation, a person who willfully fails to pay may be held in contempt of court. This means that she or he would be brought into court during a contempt hearing to face possible fines and jail time.
  • The court may issue a wage assignment order that requires an employer to withhold child support directly from the employee’s paycheck.
  • If the person paying child support contests the amount of child support that you are owed, a court hearing may be held to determine exactly how much child support is due.

In order to have the best chance to recover all past due child support you are owed, you need a child support enforcement attorney with the knowledge and resources to effectively handle your case. Contact us to discuss how you can enforce your child support order and start receiving payments soon.

Comments are closed.